Common Fault Types of Switches and Their Analytical Investigation Method
I. Port failure
1. Fault phenomenon: The whole network works normally, but individual machines can not communicate normally.
2. Cause of failure: This is the most common breakdown of switch. If the optical fiber plug or RJ-45 port is dirty, it may lead to port pollution and can not communicate normally. Also, many people usually like live plug-in and pull-out connectors, which seems not to be inappropriate in theory, but in fact, often this will inadvertently increase the incidence of port failures; careless handling may also lead to physical damage to the port; the purchase of large crystal head size, when inserted into the switch, it is also easy to break. Bad port. In addition, if a twisted pair connected to the port is exposed outdoors, in case the cable is struck by lightning, the connected switch port will be damaged.
3. Solution: In general, the port fault is the damage of individual ports. First, check the computer in question. After eliminating the fault of the computer connected by the port, we can judge whether the port problem is or not by replacing the connected port. If the problem can be solved after replacing the port, we can further determine what the port is. Species. When the power is off, clean the port with alcohol cotton ball. If the port is damaged, the port can only be replaced. In addition, whether it is the optical fiber port or the RJ-45 port of twisted pair, we must be careful when plugging and unplugging the joint. It is recommended that the plugging and unplugging should not be operated live.
II. Circuit Board Faults
1. Fault phenomenon: There is a computer room where a part of the computer can not access the server.
2. Fault reason: The switch is generally composed of the main circuit board and the power supply circuit board, which are the two parts of the fault. The main factors that cause the circuit board to not work properly are: damaged components or bad substrates on the circuit board, inappropriate hardware injection and hardware updating, and inappropriate type of circuit board due to compatibility problems.
3. Solution: First, determine whether there is a problem in the main circuit board or the power supply circuit board. First, check the power supply part and use the universal meter to measure the power supply when the load of the main circuit board is removed to see whether the measured indicators are normal or not. If not, switch to an AT power supply, input the power to the main circuit board, and exchange. The indicator lamp on the front panel of the switch restores its normal brightness and color, and the computer connected to the switch visits each other normally, indicating that there is a problem with the power supply circuit board. If the above operation is invalid, the problem should appear on the main circuit board.
III. Power failure
1. Fault phenomenon: After switching on the switch, the switch did not work properly, and found that the POWER indicator on the panel did not turn on, and the fan did not turn.
2. Causes of failure: This kind of failure is usually due to the instability of external power supply environment, or the aging of power supply lines, or the power supply damage or fan stop caused by lightning strike, which results in the switch not working properly. It is also possible that other parts of the switch are damaged due to power supply.
3. Solution: This kind of problem is easy to find and solve. When this kind of fault occurs, first check the power supply system to see if there is any current in the power supply socket and if the voltage is normal. If the power supply is normal, it is necessary to check whether the power cord has been damaged or loosened. If the power cord is damaged, replace one and re-insert it if it is loosened. If the problem has not been solved, it should be left in the switch power supply or other parts of the machine damaged.